Introducing the Sydney Child Health Program: Towards Healthy Children Globally
The title of the “Diploma in Child Health” / “International Postgraduate Paediatric Certificate” has changed and will now be referred to as the “Sydney Child Health Program” (SCHP), in line with the current higher education sector regulatory requirements in Australia.
We will continue to provide excellence in education, with a focus on best practice and the application of knowledge adapted to specific circumstances and locations, just as we have over the last 26 years.
The name change will not affect the content and delivery of this program in any way.
The new name also follows the introduction of our new platform and anticipates the arrival of the Program’s first online discussion forum for daily live question and answer sessions with a paediatric expert on a variety of topics. More details to follow.
The Program will continue to have the same:
- - content annually updated / reviewed
- - online resources: including webinars; case journals
- - program assessment components
- - paediatric clinical experience requirement
- - approach towards endorsement of CPD points through RACGP / ACRRM
- - global relevance
- - approach to program fees with affordability factor as a key consideration; reviewed annually.
- - reputational advantage
- - employment advantage
- - enhanced paediatric connections
- - free alumni access lifelong on completion of brief annual survey
- - support for our international cohort with tutorials from Paediatric experts in each country
- The only differences will be:
- - A name change to “Sydney Child Health Program”
- - “Certificate of Completion” as opposed to the previous “Diploma” or “Certificate”
- - Participants to directly communicate with the University of Sydney for assessment of the advanced standing towards Master in Medicine (Paediatrics).
Please be rest assured:
- You will continue to receive the same excellent content and support from our team at The Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network.
- On successful completion of the program and its assessment, you will receive a Certificate of Completion of the Sydney Child Health Program.
- - The University of Sydney is continuing its endorsement and longstanding association with this Program.
We look forward to continuing our partnership with you, united by our vision and ambition to save and protect children’s lives around the globe.
Dr Glen Farrow
Director - Clinical Governance
Sydney Children’s Hospitals Network